Friday, February 8, 2008

Damn ATM! Damn ATM!

Posted by RedSkies

11:40PM February 8, 2008. I was on my way out of our building when I thought, "hhmmm maybe I'll with some cash to add in the new account Im planning since." You see, I was having some problems with my account last week that's why I decided to follow my colleagues advice to withdraw all out of my ATM and then just transfer it to a more reliable banking services like another ATM for a more reliable bank or a passbook. So going back, I withdrew about half of my money since it's quite dangerous to withdraw all of it considering its about midnight already. There was another person withdrawing next to me who seems to be having some difficulties but I just ignored him and mind my own business. After I answered the questions the ATM machine asked me it started processing then I noticed that it's taking too long to process my transaction. I even thought that the ATM machine "ate" my card. I was like "shit...what the hell's going on?" Then suddenly, it started operating properly again and gave my the amount I withdrew. Now here comes the problem. According to the amount in my receipt, I withdrew another same amount earlier which I didn't! Damn it. I realized the ATM had a glitch or somethin'. I hurriedly copied their CustCare number and back to my office to call them. The Agent told me that systems maintenance starts at 11PM to 7AM in the morning. He also told me he can't verify my transactions as of the moment since their systems are currently under maintenance. He assured me that the rest of my balance would go back in the morning. Today, I checked my account by calling them after our land line was fixed(yes, I also had a problem with our land line for 3 days). The agent told me that I had 2 transaction of the same amount which is 11:44PM and 11:45PM when in fact, I only did the 11:45PM transaction. I was screwed. The money lost is half of my monthly salary. I went to a nearby ATM and confirmed that the money lost from the other wrong transaction caused by the system maintenance is still not back. I decided to call them again and the assured me that this really happens not only in their bank but with others too. I also asked for my bank's number so I'll be able to call them on Monday. He told me that fixing my account would take 5 banking days. Hay, I hope this gets fixed before my next salary. Lessons learned, never trust the system and never withdrew in during their system maintenance.

0 comments: